Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering buttresses all the characteristic of contemporary existence. Civil Engineers are contributing in all the fragments of infrastructural development of the society. These professionals must simultaneously be inquisitive, detail-oriented, and interested in the big picture. In their designs, civil engineers must consider potential environmental hazards, construction costs, and government regulations that can affect their creations. Our educational programme reflects this ample abate. Our course encompasses the full spectrum of civil engineering from structures to geomatics to earthquakes to transport while continuing to provide a sound understanding of civil engineering principles.
To carry on the heritage and pave the way for the future, to establish a new culture for society and nurture spirit and talent.
The Program's mission in undergraduate education is to serve the citizens and disseminating and developing technical information aimed at improving the infrastructure and environmental well being of society. The Program aims to provide a well-rounded and superior engineering education that graduates talented and creative engineers
The Program Educational Objectives are
- To produce graduates who have a strong foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and are equipped with problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills that will serve them throughout their careers;
- To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue careers as practicing civil engineers;
- To produce graduates who have the ability to pursue advanced studies in all the grids of Civil Engineering.
- To produce graduates who have the ability to assume professional leadership roles; and
- To produce graduates with skills and qualifications for careers outside the traditional focus areas of Civil Engineering.
The Outcomes attributes sought for students graduating from the Program are as follows:
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering in their chosen fields within civil engineering.
- The ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret experimental results.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- The ability to work as members of multidisciplinary project and/or research teams, and have an understanding of leadership in teams and organizations.
- The ability to identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and the value of mentorship and peer support.
|NEWS / EVENTS