While cementing the sense of academic excellence, the college gives rich opportunities to the students to gain Communication Skills, Personality Development, Emotional Quotient and Intelligence Quotient, Organizational skills and Leadership qualities through co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. To hearten the skills and to embellish the study, students participate in various skill- rendering events of paper presentation, Technical quiz, Debugging, Network game, ad zap, Dumact which are conducted by various colleges.
Co- Curricular Activities
Each department plays a crucial role in encouraging the students to attend technical paper presentations, Symposia, seminars, quizzes, etc.
In concentration over the co-curricular activities the departments have organized the programmes under the following titles,
- Recent Trends in IT and applications– 2005
- SEM and Tem – 2005
- Modern Trends in Power systems – 2005
- Applications of Neural Networks – 2006
- Emerging Trends in Engineering – 2006
- Applications of Nanotechnology – 2006
- Recent trends in Extra High Voltage Transmission – 2006
- Visual Programming and applications – 2006
- Application of Data structure – 2007
- Grid and Cluster Computing – 2007
- Applications of RFID tags – 2007
- Latest Trends in Communication - 2007
- Symposium titled ‘Futurism’ conducted by OXZTEC association of IT – 2007
- Annual Day on 15 March – 2008
- National level seminar named ‘NIMST ‘08’ on Nano in Material Science and Technology – 2008
Also Mahendra facilitates the students to acquire more than what is taught in the classroom by arranging,
With the purpose of providing knowledge by concerned experts, guest lectures are often arranged.
On concentrating industrial oriented training, our college students are constantly encouraged to undergo in-plant training at leading companies.
To give an international exposure, to add the application oriented knowledge and to get employment opportunities throughout the globe the college conducts various industrial visits.
In transferring theoretical knowledge to the application side, the projects are constantly encouraged in the college premise. Enough facilities are made to each project that to be effective.
Having advanced facilities Mahendra provides full support for research and development activities to uplift the status of the students. Department of Electronics and communication Engineering carried out a research on ‘Varied application of Robot’. The research oriented programmes are undergoing on Nanotechnology, Digital Electronics, Optical sensor, Computer Application etc,